Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Pals

We are lucky enough to have a number of pumpkin patches that are local to us. We actually have 2 within five miles of our house. The big one that we like is always busy. So, I made sure that when we made plans to go today, we got there early. They opened at 9. We got there at 9:30. By 10....the place was packed! But the girls had a great time. This was probably the first real outing for my friend Kennington. Her son is 2 1/2 weeks old. I've been helping her out the past couple of weeks and I've been taking her daughter with us Monday, Wednesday and Friday just to hang out and play. Give Miss K someone to play with. Gets Miss L out of the house and gives Kennington a break. It's really been fun having both of them in the car riding together. We've been teaching Miss L new songs and she has been learning bible verses with Miss K while we ride around in the car. I usually run them until they are at the point that they are going to drop. Then I take L home and her mom says she passes out for a couple of hours. Perfect! Anyway....the pumpkin patch was great. It was hot thought. And I refused to take my child to the pumpkin patch in shorts and a t-shirt. It's fall dang it! I put her in a fall outfit. It was toasty, but she was fine. We found the perfect pumpkins. I could have gotten 5 pumpkins from Wal-Mart for the price I paid for one pumpkin at the patch. But, it's all about the experience of picking out your own pumpkin. And she picked up a ton of different ones too. Fun, fun. The thing I noticed when I was going through the photos from today, most of the photos of Miss K are a side view or of the dang back of her head. She's at that stage now that when she sees the camera come out, she either gives me one of those cheesy grins or she takes off running. Little brat!

Well....I have a house full of poker playing men. Brian is hosting poker night this week. Oh fun. I am going to read a book and veg out in bed.

Blog ya later!

No comments: