Sunday, October 05, 2008

I'm loving this weather

One thing I don't miss about living in Texas is the weather. Tennessee weather is great. The leaves are starting to change, so the colors are amazing. I'm taking Miss K and one of her friends to the park tomorrow, so I'm making sure that I take my camera so that I can get some photos. I've really slacked off on taking photos lately. Not good.

This weekend was nice. We had a birthday party to attend. Miss K was so cute. She handed all the presents to the birthday girl for her to open. It was so sweet. She also got a chance to kick a soccer ball around while we were there. She's a natural! I'm going to stop at Target on the way to the park tomorrow to get her a soccer ball. She loved it. I'm planning on signing her up for soccer in the spring. I hope it is something that she enjoys.

Sunday was a day spent getting stuff ready for storage. All the water stuff has been cleaned and is packed. Just needs to be put into the garage. But let's not talk about the garage. It's the place where stuff goes and is never seen again! We're actively working on that. One good thing happened today....all my yard work is done and I didn't even have to lift a finger. I love my husband for hiring a landscaper. And I tell you what, nothing makes your yard look better than fresh mulch. So, while the guy was doing the beds, I got my mums potted, my front porch cleaned off and my pumpkin door mat out. The front of the house looks great. The inside...not so great. And I've got a lot of work to do before Thursday because I've got bunco here. So, I still need to clean and I need to decide what I am going to cook. I was going to do chili, but I'm thinking not now. Heck...I might just order pizza. I hate to do that, but Thursdays are busy for me because Miss K has school and dance that day and she isn't done with dance until 5:30 and bunco starts at 6:30. Although, I think Brian said he could pick her up on his way home from work. We shall see...

Well...I need to get off this dang computer. I need to make my list of things that need to be done tomorrow. Miss K keeps begging me to plant flowers, so I am going to pick up some pansies for her to plant in the backyard. Brian and I are watching Amazing Race. (we can not stand Terrance!) Cold Case comes on next. We are picking up the living room and bubble wrapping the pieces of K's crib that need to be stored. She sees them in the hallway and keeps asking for her little bed. Sorry kiddo, I gave the mattress away to a friend's brother.

Blog ya later! (with pictures!)

1 comment:

Just Jane's Journal said...

Love the new layout! I'm VERY impressed! Wish I knew how to do that, but I just learned how to write on a photo and do a layer- and truth be told, not sure I can duplicate that but I'd give it a go!
I have a pee-cat too. She pee-s on clothing left on the floor of the laundry room or bathroom. She's not allowed in my bedroom but I"m sure she's pee-d in my son's room as well. It pisses me off too!
Sounds like your yard and front of the house look GREAT! I'm jealous- I have lost all energy lately- worse than normal- anyway... talk to you later!