Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I've been tagged

I was tagged awhile ago by my friend Lianna, but I had to come up with seven random/weird facts about myself. I think I am pretty much a boring person, so this is probably going to be a bit on the boring side. Sorry if I bore anyone to sleep!

*I read an obscene amount of books. If I could do nothing but sit around all day and read, I would. My idea of a perfect vacation is me, a comfy place to sit/lay, a stack of books and some peace and quiet. And I read a lot of junk. Romance mainly. Brian calls it trash. I love chick lit too. I belong to a book club and they don't normally read things I would usually pick on my own, so I do read other things. I also have a friend that is an English teacher and I routinely check out what she is reading and will add a couple of those to my ever growing stack of books. The stack next to my bed is tall. I use to buy books by the bag fulls, but now I visit the library a couple of times a week. I also use Paperback Book Swap and Books Free. Thankfully I am married to a man who loves to read. Miss K is showing signs of loving books as much as we do.

*In my head I know how I want to decorate, paint and organize my house. But for some reason, I can't get the image in my head to become a reality. I'm working on this.

*I have major issues with completing projects. I've blogged about this one more than one occasion. I don't think there is any need to elaborate on this.

*I don't sleep. I want to sleep. I love sleep. Sleep is awesome. I just don't sleep. I started a clinical study in December and this is one of the side effects of the meds. They gave me sleeping pills, but they make me sluggish and I can't function. Believe it or not, I can function better without sleep than I can when I take the sleeping pills.

*I love to shop, but I hate to spend money on clothes for myself. I am a BARGAIN shopper. I am always looking for sales. I VERY rarely pay full price for clothing or shoes for myself. Now, when it comes to my child, I have no problem paying $100 for a dress that she will wear a couple of times. And I have a serious Gymboree addiction. I've known people who have to buy EVERY single piece of each line. I am no where near that bad, but I still have an addiction!

*I am addicted to Diet Coke. Before I started my diet, I would only drink Coke and sweet tea. As soon as I started the diet, I stopped drinking coke and tea all together. I made the switch to Diet Coke. Now, I can't drink anything else. We went to dinner last night at Chili's last night and the waitress accidentally brought me a Coke. I thought I was gag. It's just too dang sweet. But, there is an exception....I can not drink caffeine free diet coke. It makes me sick to my stomach. Unfortunately, the Chick-fil-a's around here only sell caffeine free diet coke. So, when we eat there, I have them mix the regular with the CF diet.

*This is probably going to sound really strange and I am not sure I can even explain this correctly. When I am watching a TV show or movie and I know that there is about to be an embarrassing scene coming up, I sometimes will change the channel. Why? Because I get embarrassed for that person. How weird am I? I hate seeing anyone embarrassed. It's a goofy quirk.

So, now I have to tag seven people. This is hard because I don't think but a handful of people even read my blog to begin with. I'll try. I'm going to tag my friend Margie over Missing Old Friends and meeting new ones and her sister Michelle at Pyrochan's World: Burning the Ground, my neighbor Ellen at Welcome to my blog. Won't you come on it?, my wildly hilarious friend Renee at Renee's Rambling of Page, Jack and Daisies, my newly expecting friend Jill at Our Life on Georgetown Drive, my super sweet friend Tracie at My Happy Life, and my other scrappy friend, Jennifer at Yes, I am Blessed.

Blog ya later!

6 comments:

Neven said...

haha! I change the channel too when a character is going to be embaressed... I can't watch. JP will actually walk out of the room like I won't notice.

Margie said...

Hahaha! I have to copy Michelle here too. I change the channel too! Can't stand it. The worst in recent memory was the Jack Black movie School of Rock. Too much for me, as he was so pitiful in the beginning.

Ellen said...

I accept your tag. Now what do I do?

Lianna Knight said...

I feel the SAME way about decorating...I just can't seem to get my ideas INTO my own home. I watch HGTV all the time and LOVE all the cool things I see on there, but for some reason, my house is just not like that :(

But, I'm going to keep trying and you should too!

Renee said...

did you have to say Wildly Hilarious? Now I'm gonna feel the pressure from all these people linking on to my blog expecting me to be funny. And I know funny. I'm a clown fish! (yeah, it's a Finding Nemo quote)

Thanks for the shout out!

Renee Camacho said...

omg...I'm the SAME way with changing the channel. Especially if they'll be especially humiliated. I even cover my head/eyes...stupid. it's JUST TV!

BTW - I did make that arrangement...you should try to do something...they're easy to make.