Thursday, September 25, 2008

Why do I do this?

I've mentioned on about oh....500 ocassions that I have a about 7000 unfinished projects in my craft room. And my craft room is a disaster. Can't even walk in there. At least I can shut the door...too bad they are glass paned french doors, so my mess is there for everyone to see. (I keep telling myself that I WILL have that room cleaned in time for bunco on the 9th.) Back to my point. I've been trolling Etsy.com for awhile checking out all the super neato stuff. I've made a couple of things I've seen on there. It's a great place to get crafty ideas. I've bought a ton of patterns to make felt food. I've bought all the felt. My hand stitching is CRAPPY, so I really need to work on it because the felt food it just too cute. So, I've seen these really cute halloween skirts and I wanted to get one for Miss K, but I know I can make one. I bought a pattern and some cute Halloween fabric. (I love the retro fabric the skirt on etsy is made out of, but I can never find anything like that. I got some while bright print that I think will look great for the skirt. And I am just using ONE fabric.) I AM DETERMINED TO MAKE MY CHILD A SKIRT! If you read my blog, please pester me about it and do NOT allow me to make excuses! I will NOT let this skirt become unfinished project number 7001!

I got to meet Baby Andrew today. So tiny. So snuggly. Miss K asked me why she didn't have a little brother or sister today. That caught me offguard. I asked her if she wanted one and she told me, "yes, pretty, pretty please. I did my best not to cry. She's going to be an only child. That's a fact. Nothing I can do about it. I'd love to be able to adopt, but we just don't have that kind of money right now. And, at the rate the economy is going, we won't for quite some time.

Getting ready to go to bed. I've got a pretty nasty headache. Blog ya later.

3 comments:

Lianna Knight said...

Get to making that SKIRT!! I can't wait to see it :)

Your little girl is such a sweetie...I hope you know how lucky you are!!!

And she's pretty lucky to have you too!

Margie said...

You can make the skirt! Post pictures when you are done. Hugs to you Hollye, sounds like you needed them yesterday. You are so blessed to have that sweet girl.

Lianna Knight said...

You've been tagged :) Check out my Be Thou a Knight blog!!

Blessings!