Sunday, August 13, 2006

Getting ready for fall...

Yes, you heard that right. Even though is has been wicked hot, I 've been working on getting stuff ready for fall. Fall is my favorite time of year. And right now it is consignment sale season. Miss K is pretty much ready for fall. Between everything I bought for her at the end of the season last year, what she has received as gifts, what has been handed down to her and what I've gotten at consignment sales, she is set. All I really need is shoes and socks. Shoes are going to be a battle because she will scream until she manages to get them off her feet. I bought her a pair of Nike Shox and I left them on the floor and let her play with them. I caught her earlier trying to put her foot into one. I am hoping that by letting her play with them she will be more open to having them on her feet.

So, today I've been washing clothes and putting them in the bottom drawer of her chest. I am pulling out her old fall stuff and getting it ready to either go to a consignment sale, our community yard sale or donating. I am sorting toys and moving some stuff to her room for her to play with in there. I am also changing batteries in some of the toys. They are starting to sound a little "watery".

Well, I just laid Miss K down for a nap. I've got chicken to finish. I am making homemade pot pie for dinner. I am actually making two of them. My friend Stacy that I mentioned who is having twins has been on bed rest this past week. She told me the other night that she has pretty much been eating soup and nothing else. I don't think her hubby knows how to cook. So, I am making her dinner. I made homemade banana pudding last night and split that so that they will also have dessert. Guess I better get cooking!

Hope that you are enjoying your weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hollye,
Good luck organizing! I'm sure it feels good to be moving things out.
Enjoy supper!
Jennie

Jill LaFaye said...

Organizing just feels good doesn't it!! I love organizing!! And about the Pot Pie recipe..yes do share, that sounds yummy.