Sunday, December 18, 2005

It's his 'man corner'!

Okay, my husband is a 'manly' man. He likes to hunt, he is into sports and loves to golf. I, on the other hand, am not ANY of those things. So, imagine my surprise when I found out the man I love owned a mounted bear head. A bear that he actually killed. I was fine with it as long as the bear was living in Michigan at his parents house. Then...on my wedding night, I open the door to my hotel room and found that bear head in the bed! Yep, you read that right! But that is a whole separate post in itself! Needless to say, in the six years that we have been married, that bear head has never hung on a wall of any of the places that we've lived. Let's be honest...who wants to look at that thing? I sure don't. It freaks me out everytime I look at it.

So, a couple of weeks ago we made the decision to finish our walk in storage area. It needed insulation and sheet rock. I'm lucky enough to be married to a guy who is handy around the house. So, we start the project. I make a joke and say, "hey...this can be your man room!" So, the Saturday that Scrap It was having their open house, Brian asked me to take Miss K with me so that he could finish the storage area. We were gone from about 9am until about 3pm. When I got home, I was eager to see how the room turned out. Well, he took my words to heart and hung up all his stuff. His bear head, his signed Red Wings pennant, his numbered painting that it worth a small fortune and the gun rack that his parents had made for him. (It just happens to match the wood on the bear head mount.) I laughed and said, "well, you finally got your man room!" He just glared at me and said, "it's my man CORNER!"

3 comments:

Cricket said...

Hollye! Remember Mary from the group, my friend I came to the Kentucky retreat with? She is stressing now because her hubby just bagged a dear (so sad I know) and is having the head mounted!! She swears she will not live in the house with it LOL!!

Could you send me the hot chocolate recipe? I'd love to make some for Mandi, my mom and mother in law!

Thanks! Great Blog by the way :)

Cricket

TracieClaiborne said...

Hilarious!!!! The bear would freak me out big time. Tiffany's husband has a "man room" in the garage. It's a separate room with a gigantic tv that he and his friends sit and drink in. Mature, eh? I had never heard the term until her and now you! Too funny!

Glad it's you and not me!

Sherri said...

oh gosh this is hilarious!!!
i always tell barry he can hang all of his old posters/pictures and crap out in the garage. ha ha