Thursday, November 08, 2007

I'm pissed. Yes, I said pissed!

Okay, we had a yard sale a couple of weeks ago. We had a couple of large Little Tikes toys for sale. I was thinking of donating them to the school, but I thought Kennedy would have some issues with them being "hers", so we decided to sell them at the yard sale. A guy pulled up in a truck, asked us what we wanted for a couple of the toys, we told him. He asked if we had anything else. Brian told him we had a tunnel with a slide attached in the backyard. He wanted that too. He specifically told us he was buying stuff for a needy family. Okay, so Brian gave him several things in additional to the big stuff for WAY cheap. I mean, it was going to a good cause...WE THOUGHT!

Today I head to this consignment store that some told me had easel's. K likes to paint and they use them at school. I went by yesterday, but they were closed. They had 3. I was going to buy all 3 of them and donate two of them to K's school. I get there and there is a guy sitting out front. He works there....looks familiar. I see the woman, she looks familiar, but I have no idea why. I tell them I want the easels. They only have two left. I look around some more and they have a lot of stuff. I see the guy back a truck up and it hits me! THEY WERE MY "It's for the needy" PEOPLE!. More like, It's for the GREEDY! So, I went in to pay for the easels. I asked the lady if she could give me a deal since I was buying two of them, ,and "they were for the needy". She looked at me kind of strange. Then told me no, she couldn't discount them. I should have just walked out, but I've been looking everywhere for the dang easel since new, it is almost $80. I called Brian as soon as I got in the truck and told him about it. He was pretty pissed off to. If they hadn't said anything about it being for the needy, I wouldn't be mad. It's people like this who are the reason that a lot of people do not donate to charities or volunteer for things.

If you live in the local Nashville area and you want to know where this was, email me and I will let you know. I wish now I had not bought the easel's from them. I won't ever buy anything from them again.

3 comments:

Jennifer Fleming said...

where was this at?

Renee said...

I'm pissed for you. Yes, I said it too! I think I would call BBB on them. That's a pretty crappy thing to do.
And Yes, I want to know because I want to pass the word to NEVER shop there!

TracieClaiborne said...

Ohhhh....I TOTALLY want to know where this was.

Did you see your stuff there?