Saturday, January 27, 2007

A Blog worth reading...

First of all, I want to say that this blog is NOT an easy read. I have spent the past 2 hours crying my eyes out. I found the link to this blog on Jody Ferlaak' s blog. It is about the short life of baby name Noah, his journey home to be with our Father and his parent's faith in the Lord.

Noah Steven "Crowned in Peace"

The reason I am passing this on is 1)his parents ask people to share the blog with other and 2) it really made me stop and look at my life.

My first reaction after reading Noah's story was to run into Miss K's room, hold her and never let her go. My second reaction was prayer. I went with prayer. Prayer for Noah, prayer for his little sister, prayer for his parents and everyone his story every touched. I also prayed for my beautiful daughter. I prayed for God to lead me in the right direction for parenting her. Tonight I felt so guilty for every time I've complained about my child whining. I should be thankful that she is here on the earth to whine. This past month with Brian out of town, I've really been struggling with the "parenting".

While Noah's story is a heartbreaking one, it is a story that I am so thankful to his parents for sharing.

I hope that Noah's story touches you as much as it has touched me.

2 comments:

Jill LaFaye said...

Whoa..Noah's video was very emotional..he was so beautiful! Gosh..it sort of just stops your heart..or just takes your breath. I am still sobbing so hard..I am taken back to July 24,1986..when my baby sister was born {Naomi Ann}..we never got to bring her home..she also is in Heaven..there is nothing worse than burying an infant..I remembering coming home and taking the nursery down before mother came home from the hospital..I will never forget it for as long as I live.
God touch this family..and ease their pain.

Renee said...

Ok, you so deserve a beating for posting that...now I have to go hold my kids. I couldn't read all of it...too emotional yet for me, but what was wrong with him?
Looks like I won't be sleeping tonight. Thanks Hollye. (it was well written and beautiful, but I wish I had skipped it)