Thursday, January 03, 2008

Something new for me

So, most of you who have known me for a couple of years know that I struggle with my weight. Well, let's be honest, I don't take care of myself. So, right before Thanksgiving I got a phone call about a weight loss study. I was accepted into the study and started 3 days after Christmas. (I'm not 100% sure I am suppose to say what it actually is, so I will read my paperwork first before I go into details.) One of the things with this study is counting calories. Man. This has really been an eye opener for me. Let's just say, I think twice before I eat something these days. That cheesecake I love so much at the Cheesecake Factory? One slice is 1300 calories! OMG! I am only suppose to have 1400 calories a day. And all those salads I've eaten thinking it was better for me than something else. Ummm...nope. Some of those salads are 1100 calories. Oh my. So, I carry my trusty little calorie counter with me when I leave the house. If I know where we are going to eat, I will go online to a couple of websites I use and will check out some of the menu items and what the calorie count is. This way I am prepared for when we go out. It's been a huge change for me. I am use to just eating whatever I want and not even thinking twice about it. Well, I should have been thinking about it! So, that is where I am. I am not ready just yet to put my weight out there for all to "see". I will share how much I lose as I go along. My goal for the month of January is to lose at least 10 pounds. My problem right now is exercising. Since we've all been sick and then it got so cold, I've not had to chance to walk. I don't belong to a gym and a gym membership isn't something that I want to commit to right now. I joined a walking group, so I will be walking with them every Saturday. I am going to start another walking group for my Mom's group, so I hope to do that at least once a week. Then I need to walk 3 other days/night on my own. So...enough about that.

I am on my second day of the 365 Challenge. I am doing a kids challenge. 365 days of photos of Miss K. Thankfully she has decided that having her picture taken isn't too bad and will actually smile for the camera. So, here is my Day #2


2 comments:

Jill LaFaye said...

Good for you for counting calories.
They kind of sneak up on you:)

Love Miss K's "teeth brushing" photo. Cute!

TracieClaiborne said...

You go girl! I wish you the best of luck with your efforts.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pic of K brushing her toofies (as CC called them). I wish I had one like that of CC at that age! I guess it's never too late. Wow. Just so sweet.