Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Six months ago today....

I got up at the crack of dawn to head to the hospital knowing that when I came home, we would finally be a family of three. Six months ago today I fell in love for the second time in my life.

It is so hard to believe the Miss K is already 6 months old. It just seems like last week I was screaming and running around with a pregnancy test in my hand. Most of the people who read this blog know about the long and heartbreaking journey that Brian and I went through to get to the place that we are today. Every night when I put my beautiful little angel to bed, I thank God that he sent her to me. She is such an amazing baby and has bought so much joy and love into our home. I never imagined that I could love someone as much as I love that pudgy little girl. We are so blessed to have her in our lives. Before you know it, we will be celebrating Miss K's 1st birthday!

This past week has been great. She started sitting up on her own for a couple of weeks, but now she can bend at the waist and sit back up on her own. She FINALLY rolled over. She hates being on her tummy though, so I don't look for it to happen often. And the giggling. Good gravy! She is Princess Giggle Box. The other night Brian did something and she giggled for a good 10 minutes everytime she looked at him. It was great! Then he picked her up and started tickling and it went on even longer! It's so great to see Brian with her. She loves him and the minute he walks in the door in the evenings from work, she strains her neck to see him and demands his immediate attention. I am pretty sure that she thinks he hung the moon and I know for sure that he feels the exact same way about her.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

How sweet! You never know what you missed out on until you have them in your life. I am so glad you were blessed with her-and me with mine!

Unknown said...

Happy 6 months, Miss K!