Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Happy New Year!

Okay...I know I am a few days late, but things have been busy here. We left Texas on New Years Day. It took us about 14 hours, but we made a couple of stops so that Miss K could stretch out and not be confined to the car seat for 14 straight hours! The drive wasn't too bad. We listened to one of those books on tape, so that kept us all occupied for 9 hours. We were so ready to be home. We came home with a truck full of stuff, stuff strapped to the roof of the truck and an extra person. My mom is staying with us for 8 weeks. She is moving to Tennessee and we are letting her stay here with us for 8 weeks so that she can find a job. Brian and I will help her get a place to live and get back on her feet. It is going to be different because I've not seen her in over six years and now I have a baby. I've had to tell her not to "mother" Miss K so much because I don't want Miss K to get use to her being here all the time because she isn't going to be. She is looking for a job and has already had one interview. She also has an appointment with an agency on Monday morning. I am determined to find her a job so that she can get back on her feet. Life hasn't been easy for her. Most of it is her own fault, but I truly think that she does want to have a better life. She just needs someone to give her a chance.

Miss K and I are slowly getting back into our routine of everyday life. We started back at Gymboree today. It was all new babies. Everyone else was ready to move up because they were already six months and older. Miss K isn't. Oh well! We will see some of them when we move up to the next level class! It's still lots of fun! Next week we head back to MOPS and we are really looking forward to that!

I made a resoultion that I was going to take at least one photo of Miss K everyday. I missed the 1st and the 2nd. Those days were spent traveling and then recovering from the traveling. I've not really sat down and made my resolutions yet for this year because I want to sit down and really put some thought into what I want for my family and myself this year. It's easy to say that I am going to lose weight, be more organized and the same old things I do every year. I want this year to actually count. The one resolution that I know for sure I am going to make is to find a new church. We had an awesome church before we moved to Tennessee. We were very active in our small community group from our very large church. When we moved, we had every intention of finding a new church. But, I traveled a lot and it was hard to visit churches when you aren't home. Then I lost Jonah and I couldn't face going to church. I never blamed God for what happened, but I was a very depressed. But, I have been blessed with a miracle and it has made me realize that I need to get back to church. And, she doesn't know this, but if she reads this post, she will....my friend Tracie has been a bit of inspiration for me getting back to church. Reading her blog about her favorite sermons really touched me and made me realize how much I need God in my life even more now. Thank you Tracie!

Sorry for the rambling......

2 comments:

TracieClaiborne said...

Oh Hollye - you've made me cry! I am so glad that you were inspired by something I said.

I wish you lived near me because I go to the best church in the world. LOL I will pray for you that God will show you where He wants you to be! I feel so blessed that we have gotten closer!

Hugs!

jennifer said...

That is awesome that you are helping your mother! My mother lives in Virginia and I wish she would be willing to move her where we could help her. She has some medical issues and also hasn't made the best choices in life. I wish you and her all the best!
If you don't live near Tracie then you don't live near me or I would invite you to my church! If you are trully seeking Him, He will lead you to where you need to be!