Sunday, January 15, 2006

I love this photo...

I was going through the MANY photos that we took while we were in Texas on vacation. I came across this one that my stepmom took. I remember seeing Miss K without her clothes on and asked Brian what was going on and he told me that Maria (my stepmom) wanted to take pictures of Miss K's rolls. The day after this photo was taken, my stepmom called my dad upset. She showed the photos to people at work and they were just going on and on about how adorable Miss K was. Well, my stepmom is from El Salvador and she was raised with some superstitions. One of them is that if someone comments on how cute your baby is, they have to touch them or bad luck will befall them. She was convinced that something bad was going to happen to Miss K. I guess I never noticed it before but that same day while we were out shopping, a hispanic family came up to me at the mall while we were shopping and was asking me about Miss K's cart cover. They went on and on about how cute she was and before they left, all five of them touched her foot. (I know that Tracie is probably freaking out right about now!) My stepmom asked me what they said and I told them. She looked at me in horror...until I told her that they all touched her foot. It's all strange to me, but that is the way she was raised and also the way my father was raised!

1 comment:

TracieClaiborne said...

Okay this story has me cracking up. I'm thankin' my lucky stars I don't have any supersticious (sp?) relatives!!!!!