Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I promise...

I will start updating more often. I just haven't had a lot to blog about. I mean...how many times can I complain about how cold it is and how lonely I am? I resolved that it wasn't going to get any better until I did something about it. So I did! Miss K is now taking gymnastics. She is a "tumblebee". Today was our first day. No tumbling was involved for us. She just ran around and picked up all the plates that Miss Linda put down for "spots". But she was SUPER cute looking in her little pink leotard. Looking forward to going back next week. The mommies and kids that we met were really nice.


So, we had a "blind" playdate on Tuesday. It went okay. The little boy is older than Miss K, but she is bigger than he is. But he kept tackling her and kissing her. She wasn't having any of it. His mom finally convinced him to give me the hugs instead of Miss K. She was fine. Until another little boy decided that she was his type and he chased her all around the play area until he caught her and gave her a kiss. Then he was so excited he did a little dance and clapped his hands. His mom and I got a good laugh out of it.


Tomorrow we are going to spend the morning doing laundry and getting stuff packed for our trip to Nashville. I am looking forward to going home. We are going to try and get some stuff done on the house and visit with friends. Lots to do! Then in the afternoon we have another "blind" play date with a little girl.


Thought I would share this photo of Miss K. Monday night I was taking a shower and Brian was "watching" her. When Iturned the water off, K ran to the bathroom to hand me my towel. I yelled for Brian. K took a tub of Vaseline and covered her face, her head and her PJs. We washed her hair 5 times that night and 3 times with Dawn the next morning and it wouldn't come out. So, I went and bought some Neutrogena Anti-Residue shampoo and planned on washing her hair with baking soda and that shampoo. The little trouble maker got into a new thing of Vaseline that I bought when I bought the shampoo! I totally forgot that it was in the Target bag. This time she only got a little on her clothes and her hair. Most of it was on the carpet, coffee table and the dog. Thankfully, the baking soda and shampoo seem to have done the trick.
Can you believe that tomorrow is March 1st? This year seems to be flying by!
Blog ya later!


No comments: