Friday, July 18, 2008

Party Favor




So, like MONTHS ago I saw this really cute crayon roll on Etsy.com. Loved it and thought it would be the perfect party favor for Miss K's 3rd birthday party. I mean, I had to top the awesome Mickey Mouse beach towel I gave last year. We are talking top quality! Remember...I'm a BARGAIN shopper, so I got the towels for like $4 each. Since I only had 8 kids, it wasn't a big deal. Anyway...so, I decided to make the crayon rolls. Found some way cute monkey fabric to make them with. And then I never did a dang thing. So, today is the 18th (it's 3:45 in the morning.) and I've not made one yet. I actually just finished the sample to see how it would go and how long it will take to make one. Well, it took a LONG time. It took a long time because I am so freaking unorganized. And, I've not used my sewing machine in a couple of years. Pulled that sucker out to use it and got half way through sewing and the machine keeps messing up. I have no idea what the heck is wrong. So, I take myself down to Wally World at 2:30 in the morning to buy a new sewing machine! Yep. And let me tell you...they've got some strange people working at Wally World at 2:30 in the morning. It took like 4 people to figure out how to accept American Express gift checks.

So...anyway...HOURS later I've finished one. I made it out of some extra fabric, so this is my "trial" one. I'll probably end up mailing it to my friend's daughter because even though it isn't perfect, it is still functionable! So, tomorrow morning I've got to get up at the CRACK of dawn and start cutting fabric for 20 of them! I'd like to get all the fabric cut before 10ish so that I can run a few errands and come home and sew my little heart out. I'm going to set it up in an assembly line. Then I am going to put Brian to work when he gets home. He can help! He knows how to use an iron. I'll also beg my mom to come over and give me a hand. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, huh? I do this to myself ALL the time. I even started planning this party back in March. Here it is...last minute and I've not gotten them done. At least I've gotten just about everything else done. I need to order balloons, pick up a fruit tray, get a bag of ice, pick up cello bags for the crayon rolls, make "thank you" tags for the bags and I am sure there are a number of other things I've forgotten I need to do.
So, I promise I will blog about my vacation and the "adventure" that one of our family members had on the way home from vacation. For those of you who know anything about Miss K will find this story funny. At the time, we sure didn't!
Okay...I've got to get to bed. I am only going to get about 4 hours sleep. Blog ya later.

4 comments:

Brook said...

Those are really cute Hollye! I hope you get them all done!

Margie said...

Oh,those are too cute. You are going to have to send me those instructions when you are less stressed. I wish you would have brought the materials with you when you came to visit. We could have knocked them out easily! Have a great birthday party and give Miss K big hugs from us. Gifts and chocolate will be on its way when we get back from vacation.

Jill LaFaye said...

I was up unil 4 this morning..and drinking wine..just got up at 10 this morning. Whew..I am tired!

I hope you get all these done in time..if I lived closer I could of helped last night while we both were awake:)
Good Luck!

Jill LaFaye said...

P.S.
I just enlarged the crayon wrap..they are adorable!!!!