Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Before anyone else calls....

Yes, I've heard about the GM layoff thing. Yes, it does affect the plant that he works at. Yes, it does affect his job. Yes, he still has a job. Am I nervous? Heck yes. I did ask him to update his resume' and start putting it out there. I can't let it control my life, so I just have to have faith in God and my husband that everything will be okay. I've got other things I need to concentrate on. But, more than likely, as soon as Miss K is in school fulltime, I will have to go back to work. I really wanted to stay home for a couple of more years after she started school so that I could be involved and volunteer at her school. I am just praying the economy turns around soon. It is honestly very depressing. Heck, I am going to have to go back to work just to be able to afford groceries! The past 3 months I've spent more money on groceries than I ever have expect during the holidays.

Okay...I've got to get out of my 'funk' and get ready for Miss K's party this weekend and then for my inlaws to be here to following weekend.

I'll blog more about our vacation later. Let's just say...the trip home was a bit of an adventure for one of the members of our family.

Blog ya later!

1 comment:

Renee said...

I don't even want to look at my reports on grocery consumption! I almost have myself convinced it's cheaper to eat out and not get appetizers than to spend $200 a week on food and have nothing in the house to eat!