Thursday, November 09, 2006

Yep, still alive.

Okay...the dogs aren't really going anywhere. There are days I would like to just open the front door and set them free (today was one of those days), but we won't be getting rid of them.

I was icky and under the weather on and off for about 3 weeks. Felt awful. Wednesday was the worst. I dropped Miss K off at school and said a prayer that she would not be fussy and whiney the entire time she was there, (she did great) and I came home and went to sleep. It must have been a 24 hour bug because Thursday I felt fine. Now, if the weather will stop acting up, things will be fine. It was freezing this morning and by this afternoon it was 78 degrees. What is up with that?

So, I bought Miss K the cutest Christmas dress last year on clearance. I loved it the minute I saw it and had to have it. I got it for a whooping $10. Looks just like this dress at Hanna Andersson. There is a very slight difference. Mine came with a cute little hat. Miss K does not wear hats. At least she didn't last year. I put one on and she would pull it off. It was a never ending battle. So, I thought I would start working on her early this year. She did really good about leaving the elephant head on for Halloween. I took the hat out and showed it to her and then it disappeared. She opened her dresser drawer and buried it in there. I found it today while I was getting her clothes out. I let her play with it and I set it on my head and the she tried to put it on her head and then on my head. Then she handed it to me and patted her head. I put it on her and she pranced around the house for 30 minutes with it on. She laughed when she saw herself in the mirror. She only wore it for about 5 minutes tonight when I showed my mom, but she wore it. I am going to work with her a little each day to see if I can't get her use to it. Since we are moving to Michigan in January, she is going to have to get use to wearing a hat. Not that I plan on being outside for extended periods of time this winter, but I do plan on leaving the house on ocassion!

GM is messing up my holiday plans for Thanksgiving! We spend Thanksgiving up in Michigan with my wonderful inlaws. So, our plans were to have Brian schedule a business trip the week after Thanksgiving and Miss K and I would check the area out and try and look at the corporate apartments we will be living in. Brian is on business trip this week and calls last night to tell me that most likely he will have to be in Michigan again next week, but we can just go a week earlier and do everything and then be there for Thanksgiving and then come home. HELLO? I've got a stuff already planned around our original 'plan'. Still up in the air and we probably won't know for sure until Friday afternoon. Monday is a plant holiday, so at least we will have an extra day to get stuff done if we do have to rush off to Michigan. But, that means I will have to miss Amber's class and I am really bummed about that!

Okay...enough complaining! I am off! Have an awesome weekend!

2 comments:

TracieClaiborne said...

She looks so cute in that hat! I hope you can get her to wear it. I've been sick too, I hope you're feeling better - I am a bit better today. Did you ever get any Lumpy pics of her?

Renee said...

so many questions....where in michigan are you moving? email me.