Monday, October 09, 2006

Lots to blog about

I've got a lot to blog about...let me see if I can get it all into one post.

*Miss K has a new word...SHOES. And let me tell you...that kid loves shoes. She wants you to put her shoes on her first thing in the morning. She walks around in a cloth diaper and a pair of Nike Shox in the morning...nothing else.

*Cloth Diapering. In the beginning I HATED it. I was ready to buy a vat of vasoline and just coat her up and keep using the disposable diapers. Then I remembered how much I spent on getting all the stuff. So, we kept doing it. Brian was a lot better about it than I was. I slowly started to not hate it. It is a lot of laundry, but I've sort of got that worked out now. Then I started to like cloth diapering. It's cute watching her walk around in her little cloth diaper. And 10 of the ones that we have are colored, so sometimes she has a hot pink bottom and sometimes it is yellow. Now I am loving cloth diapering. I wish I had started this from the beginning. I LOVE the Fuzzi Bunz diapers that we are using. We are still working on some issues with the nighttime diapers. But overall...It's great. Cloth diapering away from home has been a little interesting. I got some strange looks the other day while I was changing her in the ladies room at the mall. I am on the look out for some more diapers. I only have 13 right now. I would like to have about 24 so that I am not always worried about the laundry!

**Project - I actually did a project while I was at the last super crop at Scrap It. Three of the same thing to be exact. I took a class with Amber McDonald and we made these really cute tag books. I loved the way it turned out, so I decided to do something similar. I made a little book that was called "A Year Of K". I did a photo on one side of each tag and then on the back I wrote a couple of things that happened that month. I made one for my mom, my inlaws and my dad and step-mom. So far, I've given the books to my mom and my mother in law. They love them. I think they are pretty cute. I am getting ready to start a project for a friend of mine. I have all the pages sketched out, so it should be pretty easy. I am making the pages 6X6. I think I am going to go ahead and make 3 or 4 of them at the same time. I am thinking ahead for gifts!

Okay...I can't get it all in one post and Blogger is giving me problems. I'll have to post the rest of it in another post!

2 comments:

Jann Gray said...

You are good girl....all that gift giving! People love it when you take the time to put your heart and your art into something for them!

I know that when my sister was little -- disposable diapers weren't even an option...and my mom is convinced that kids potty trained themselves much sooner becauase of it. Interesting theory huh?

Take care...am thinking of you!

TracieClaiborne said...

I agree with Jann - I was thinking that she will probably potty-train early. I'm glad you're taking such a positive attitude about the diaper issue. Go Hollye!