Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Go me!

K is out of town and I've not gotten a dang thing done. I had grand plans. Oh well. I will say, I was looking forward to K being at her grandparents, but I am ready for her to be home. I miss her...ALOT. Brian does too.

I did actually get something completed today. I made Kennedy a felt board for her playroom. We have some felt board sets that she loves to play with. I lucked out and picked them up at Goodwill for $1.99. Either someone didn't realize what they were tossing or they just didn't care. These sets are not cheap. If you buy them individually, they are about $16.95 a set. I have found a place on line where you can buy a set almost just like the one I have for $30. There are 5 different "scenes" you can make. K loves them. I took them to school for my kids to play with and they loved them. The director mentioned that she would like to have a felt board, but didn't have the money for it. I found a tutorial on line...SUPER simple. Picked the stuff up today at Hobby Lobby and made it tonight in less than 5 minutes. The spray glue is what took the longest. You have to let it set for a whole minute before you bond the pieces. I got a nice 16X20 frame, took the glass out and used it. The frame was a little pricey....$17.50 and that was the 1/2 off price. I did see a frame at Goodwill tonight that would have worked for $8, but it would have needed to be sanded and painted. The frame I bought was a large white one. I think it is going to look great on the wall in K's playroom...just not too sure where it is going to hang. (the sets we have don't hang on the wall, so we use them in the car on trips.) Brian and I need to sit down and draw out the room and make some serious plans. I've got to get that closet cleaned out in there so I can start moving stuff into there. I want to put all her art supplies and things in there. I am also putting her large tilt bin in there. I honestly need a whole separate room for the "Babies and Barbie".

Anyway....here is a link to the felt board I made. I didn't take photos. Once it is hung on the wall, I will post photos of all the things in her cool playroom.

So, I actually got a project completed. Granted, it was a NEW project, but at least I finished it and didn't just buy the stuff for it and then shove it into a closet! I am hoping to get at least one thing completed tomorrow. No pressure. If it doesn't get done, it doesn't get done.

blog ya later!

1 comment:

TracieClaiborne said...

Sounds fun! You are so creative! I don't see how you have the energy for all the things you do.