Sunday, January 18, 2009

Recipe and other a lot of other stuff

Three Bean Chicken Chili
1 small onion, diced
1/2 stick butter, melted
1 can corn
1 can pinto beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can rotel
1 can diced tomatoes
2-3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1 package of taco seasoning
1 package of dry ranch dressing
3 cups water
For garnish:
sour cream
tortilla chips
shredded cheese
In a large stock pot, cook onions in melted butter until opaque. Then add all the ingredients into the pot. Cook for about 30 minutes.
I usually serve this with sour cream, crushed tortilla chips and shredded cheese. And this always tastes better the next day for some reason. It's a really easy recipe to make and it taste great. And since it's only Brian and I that eat this, we can eat this for several days and that's fine with me. I love this chili and would eat it all the time if I could!
If you make it, let me know how you liked it.
I've not blogged in awhile. Things have been a bit busy here. We received a phone on the 7th letting us know that Brian's grandfather, Moe had passed away. So, we headed out to Michigan and were gone for about 5 days. It was not a pleasant trip. The weather was MISERABLE. It was snowing hard when we got there and was snowing hard when we left. Moes' passing was not unexpected, but it sort of was. He has really gone down hill in the past two years. He was actually in the hospital when he passed away, but Brian's parent had dinner with him the night he passed and the doctor never indicated anything was wrong. He told them that Moe would be going back to the nursing home on Friday. It's just sad. I've only known Moe for about 12 years, but I felt like I'd known him forever. He was truly a wonderful man. I made it through the viewing just fine. But the funeral was another story. It was very emotional. At least I have some wonderful memories. My only regret is that K didn't get a chance to know him.

So, with everything that happened last week, I did not get to do anything that was on my list as far as resolutions goes. I will be back to my menu tomorrow. I'm going to try and finish up one of my many unfinished projects tonight. I started making K some hairbows at Thanksgiving. The bow part is done, but I ran out of ribbon to attach them to the clips. So, I am going to finish them tonight. I was also making some bows for her best friend.

Friday was a super busy day for us. First of all, it was freaking cold. So cold that they cancelled schools. Brian and I had eye appointments first thing in the morning. At least I can say that I made it to almost 37 years old before I had to get glasses. The doctor said that explained my headaches. I've got astigmatism in one eye and I'm near-sighted in the other. Brian loves the fact that he can give me a hard time about the glasses now. I won't get them until next week since they had to order the lenses. Then I went and got my hair done. Had to cover that gray up. She cut it a little shorter than she did last time, so I am not sure if I am loving it just yet. Maybe in a week or so. Saturday I attended a fabulous baby shower for my friend Amber. I also got a chance to see two of my favorite people, Kelli Darr and Sherri. I hate that I don't get to see them very often. I'm hoping we can get together and scrapbook a bit more one of these days. Maybe once I am organized I can actually scrapbook something!

Well, the laundry room is cleaned out thanks to my wonderful husband. He did it while I was at the shower. Our dryer has been out of commission since we left for Michigan. The hose was clogged up with lint. Now it's working perfectly. Thank goodness for that. Even though I would LOVE to have a new washer and dryer, we don't have the money for it right now. Anyway, now that it's cleaned out, I'm going to spend some time in there today organizing all the stuff that is in there. There are already baskets on the shelves, but I am bad about taking things out of the baskets and not putting them back. I really need to get better about that. (My child has decided that the laundry room, since it is clean, is now her "music room". She has put all her babies in there and has shut to the door so she can play her horn that I keep telling her I am going to throw in the trash. It sounds like a fog horn. It's awful!)

Brian has one more week off. Originally it was suppose to be three weeks, but it turns out it will only be two weeks. We have a BUSY week planned. LOTS of cleaning and MANY trips to Goodwill. I've also got an appointment with the dentist that is going to cost me an arm and a leg.

Oh my goodness....I've rambled forever.

Blog ya later!


Susan Smith-Alltop said...

I'm going to try your recipe, sounds yummy!

Amanda said...

sorry for Brian's g'pas passing. that is always hard.
thanks for sharing the recipe~sounds yummy!

little wash wash said...

i try to menu plan. When I do we have better dinners...the chili recipe sounds yummy.
-fellow tennessean