Monday, January 19, 2009

Menu Planning Monday - Jan 19th

I missed last week since we were out of town, but I am back to planning my menu. I really want to try a couple of new recipes this week. I feel like we are eating the same things week after week. It's going to be another "chicken" week since I was got a bunch of chicken on sale at Kroger before we left for Michigan.

Monday - Three Bran Chicken Chili

Tuesday - My mom wants to go out for dinner since we haven't seen her much since Christmas.

Wednesday - Chicken Nick's (we have dinner with friends every Wednesday night before we drop our kids off at Awanas.)

Thursday - Homemade Lasagna, garlic bread, salad (this is a new recipe I've not made before. I got it from my friend Lindsey.)

Friday - Homemade Chicken Potpie (I'm attending a baby shower brunch and they have asked us to bring a meal for the mom to freeze for after the baby is born. I figure I'll just make two of them. )

Saturday - Shrimp & Pepper Pasta (this is one of my favorite recipes of all time. I don't make it very often. I'm hoping to find shrimp on sale this week. It's a Pace recipe. If anyone wants the recipe....let me know!)

Sunday - Chicken Parm Meatball Subs (This is another recipe I've not tried before. My friend Amanda made it for bunco and it was REALLY good. I think Brian will really like it. Not too sure about Miss K though!)

I have a dentist appointment first thing in the morning. I've got to spend an arm and a leg having a crown replaced. So not looking forward to that. Little irritated about this whole thing. I just had the crown done a little less than three years ago. Why is it bad already and why the heck won't my freaking insurance pay for it? Okay...I'm off to bed. I'm tired and it's LATE.

blog ya later.

6 comments:

Christy B said...

I sorta menu planned this week. My objective was to cook it all and freeze it so that the family would have options on the busy nights. Since I work and 3 nights out of 5 Em has after school stuff that puts me getting home late, so I cooked about 6 meals Sunday so we can thaw them all day and heat/cook that evening. Hope it works!

TracieClaiborne said...

Yummmm!! You're inspiring me! I'm trying to cook more in 2009.

Amanda said...

great menu! we've been doing good with ours too.
stinks with the dentist thing; we don't have dental insurance, so i know how that goes!

Susan said...

Go to my blog, there is a prize for you!

Renee Camacho said...

I'd love the recipe for the shrimp and the meatball dinner...:)

Ellen said...

What a great baby shower idea to have people bring a meal for the new mom's freezer! I'll have to remember that-