Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Other Boelyn Girl

So, my mom's group went to the movies tonight and we saw the Other Boleyn Girl. I have never had a movie give me this much anxiety before. I have no idea why it did. I have so many questions after watching the movie. We are also reading this book for our book club, so I need to read it, but seriously....I think it is going to cause me more anxiety! What is up with that!? I guess I just can not imagine my life being anything like that. No regard for marriage or women. And a woman who was so power hungry that she ruined her entire family. Men using female members of their family to better their "station" in life. It was disgusting. Jeez...the more I talk about it, the more anxiety I get! CRAP!

So, I am not really great at history so I have no idea how much of the book is actually true. Guess I am going to have to do a little history homework on this crazy Queen. The whole situation is mind boggling!

1 comment:

Renee Camacho said...

oI was the same as you after reading the book. After researching it all online, I found that was their mentality in regards to wives, mistress, and fidelity. A lot was acceptable then. A lot. The other books by Phillipa Gregory are the same. They all made me very curious for more knowledge about that time period.