Sunday, December 02, 2007

Potty Progress?

It probably won't be major to mom's who have potty trained in the past, but this is a big deal to me. Miss K hates the potty. She would sit on it fully clothed, but take her clothes off and she would freak. I thought it was the little potty that she hated, so I bought one of those inserts that you put into your regular toilet seat. She freaked at that too. We decided not to push it. We took the potty with us to Michigan and it basically just took up space. It came home and had just been sitting downstairs collecting dust...lots of dust. We are trying to get the house ready for all our Christmas company, so I cleaned the potty all up and brought it upstairs. It made it as far as the hallway, but not to the bathroom. So, this evening, I see Miss K carrying it down into the bonus room. She leave it at the bottom of the stairs, runs over and asks me to take her shirt off. I take if off. "Now pants, Mommy. I do diaper." She takes the diaper off and runs for the potty! She sat on it for a long time. Then she got up and acted like she was flushing it. She sat on it a couple of times before she decided she wanted her diaper back on. Now, she didn't go in the potty, but I think she is getting the idea. Brian and decided that we weren't going to push it and were going to wait until the first of the year to actively start trying to get her to use the potty. Yeah! The day before Thanksgiving I told Miss K, "All Mommy wants for Christmas is for you to use the big girl potty." "No Mommy!" "Mommy will even buy you Dora big girl panties." "Okay Mommy!" I need to find that potty training book I bought this summer and start getting ready!

2 comments:

Jennifer Fleming said...

i have a couple of tips if you are interested let me know.

Jill LaFaye said...

This is BIG! No more fear of the potty:) It is just impossible to train them when they are afraid..things should be much easier now. Good luck!
P.S. I missed you Saturday night:(