Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Recipe, chemo, a trip and AWESOME weather!!

My friend Kennington had us over for dinner one night and she made the most awesome mac n' cheese. I asked her for the recipe and I thought I would share it. Brian and Miss K love it. I made it last night and they both cleaned their plates.


Homemade Mac n' Cheese


8 oz. elbow macaroni, cooked

8 oz. sharp Cheeder cheese, shredded.

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1/2 cup mayo

1/2 cup milk


Mix all together and pour into a slightly greased dish. Bake for 25 minutes @ 375 degrees.


So, tomorrow I am headed to Nashville. I can't wait. My mom was suppose to pick me up at the airport, but she got a call on Monday and she has to start her chemo on Wednesday. She is very nervous. I am very nervous. So please say a prayer for my mom if you think about it. She is going to need them.


Also, say a prayer for me, Miss K and my awesome mother in law. Brian and I are meeting the in laws tomorrow night for dinner. When we leave...Miss K is staying with them. This will be the first time that Miss K has stayed away from both of her parents at the same time. I am nervous. I know my MIL can take care of her, I worry about how Miss K will react to me and Brian not being there. She will be there Wednesday - Sunday. Brian is driving up Friday after work. I'll probably call a million times before the end of my trip.


So, I am flying out tomorrow night. Means I have to miss the results show of American Idol AND Lost. I'm a little upset about that. Guess I'll have to watch it online later next week. But, I get to spend the next couple of days hanging with my scrappy friends. And to be honest, I need a break from my little family. I was nasty to Brian atfer the whole laptop thing, so I figured it was time for a little break. I am nowhere near ready to go, but I am not worried about it. If I don't have everything I need, I am not going to stress. I just want to have a good time.

And let's talk about the weather here in Rochester, MI. B E A U T I F U L ! It is 73 degrees outside right now. And sunshine. Fabulous sunshine. I am loving it.

And since I promised photos more often...here is one of Miss K after a long crying bout the other night. She is getting her eye teeth and she is not handling it very well at all. I'm not either. The stinker won't go to sleep. She was up until almost 11 last night and woke up in the middle of the night and wouldn't go back to sleep in her bed. We had to bring her into our bed. It's killing me.

4 comments:

Jill LaFaye said...

The recipe sounds yummy!
I hope you enjoy the Scrap Etc. event..just read Sherri's blog & it looks like she is going too! Ya'll have fun..
Oh..Flat Stanley is on his way to {MICHIGAN}!!!!

Renee said...

Just noticed Jack is getting his eye teeth too...saw a little white nub ready to pop. Gave him a little Motrin cocktail and hopefully he's down for the night! He was really clingy today-weird that you posted about it at the same time.

Amanda said...

So glad you are making a trip to TN!
Prayers for your Mom and Miss K. Well and for you too. Probably will be harder on you than her. Not to easy to hear!
hugs-

fay said...

how did the scrap etc, event go? fay in nashville, tennessee