Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My child doesn't want me to blog about her!

So, I typed up this long post about how emotional Miss K turning 1 for me has been. In the middle of the post, my computer started acting strange. She hit the reset button. Dang kid. I just realized something today. She is a year old and this is the first time in her life she has been in my scrapbook room. Not a lot of scrapping going on in Miss K's house the first year. The fact that you couldn't even WALK in my scrapbook room is the major reason! But, Miss K's birthday party is this weekend, so we are working on getting everything organized. My scrapbook room is not organized by any means, but Brian put stuff into boxes and stacked them. I will start working on the cleaning when Miss K and I get back from our vacation to Texas. (Okay...I can hear my child, but I can't see her. All I see is her high chair moving across the dining room floor!)

So, Miss K is a year old. Very emotional for me. I did tell Brian last night that I wanted another baby and then I started bawling. I know that we won't have another one and it isn't because we don't want one! (Now the high chair is going the other way...) I know that I should be thankful for Miss K and the fact that she is healthy for the most part. I will be honest with you...I didn't really want children. And now I can't imagine my life without this little fireball in it. Today she stacked some books up in the scrapbook room and I looked over and she was sitting in the stack. I laughed and then started crying. She is growing up so fast! She said bye-bye and uh-oh last night. Today I've been trying to teach her to say "one". I should have started working on that a lot sooner than her actual birthday!

Well..not photo for this post, but I will make sure I take one of her on her birthday and maybe post it later.

I have tap class tonight and then our families start arriving tomorrow, so you probably won't hear much from me for the next two weeks. Miss K and I are leaving for vacation on Sunday and will be back a week later. Lots of fun!!!

1 comment:

TracieClaiborne said...

Give her a big ole birthday kiss from me! Sorry you're feeling emotional. I always get emotional on Caroline's birthdays. I want her to stay little and she's so huge now. Just enjoy this baby time. 1 is still such a baby age! Just wait 'til she you try to correct her reading and she snatches the book away from you and says, "I know how to read" in her best condescending voice. That happened to me this week. LOL! She was right!