Sunday, June 07, 2009

Let the summertime fun begin!

My wonderful husband built this thing with his own two hands and he did it alone. He bought a kit on line that had the plans and the hardware. He bought, cut and routed all the wood himself. He also modified the plans and built a roof instead of buying the tarp. The only thing left to do it to put a floor on the bottom. It is suppose to be a sandbox, but we don't want to mess with that. So, he will cover it and them built Miss K a picnic table to sit under there too. She loves her new toy. It's the first thing she wants to do in the morning. Thankfully, I can sit on the back deck and watch her! It's awesome.

Busy, busy week for us. Brian is leaving in the morning to go out of town for a week for work. While I am not thrilled because this is the week I start back to work and K has her recital, this will be one less week of "downtime" for him, so he will get full pay instead of layoff pay. If you think about it, say a prayer that GM will decide that Tennessee is the best place for them to build a new small car. If they decide to build it elsewhere, I am not sure what that means for Brian. It's sort of a stressful situation, but I am looking at it with a positive view. If I look at it any other way, it will eat me alive and I can't live like that.

Okay....gotta go. Lots to do. Brian's parents will be here on Friday. Thankfully, my house looks halfway decent!

blog ya later!

1 comment:

Rebecca Jo said...

Love it!!! Wish my husband was handy like that... he's end up with in the hospital if he had to hammer in all those nails!!!

(And I have to know - do you even UNDERSTAND the post before me?)