Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's 1 am and here I sit trying to wrap my brain around all the things that still need to be done. I'm listening to the washer and dryer hum away with my 4th and 5th load of the day. I'm never caught up. Never will be either. Fact of life.

I can't get into the Christmas Spirit. I think it's because of this whole GM thing. I worry every single day that they are going to announce the plant in Spring Hill is closing. It eats at me constantly. It has made buying Christmas presents not a pleasant experience this year. I pray every night that the Lord will see us through this mess. I keep hearing that it is only going to get worse. I pray that isn't so. Brian keeps telling me to not worry about it because there is nothing I can do. Let me call up Bob Corker and give him a piece of my mind. That might make me feel better. ARG. The more I think about it...the more upset it gets me. I think I might cry now.

Brian's parents will be here this weekend, so I have a ton of stuff to do between now and Saturday morning when they arrive. Today was a really busy day. Dropped K off at school. Party at K's school at 11. Ran to Kohl's. I have a whole post about a Christmas tree I will try and post tomorrow or Thursday. Then we went to Hobby Lobby. Office Max. Michael's, World Market, Hallmark, Barnes & Noble. Stopped at the library to pick up a book for my mom. Then had to hit the grocery store for a few things. I tried to do some banking at the ATM, but it was out of service and I wasn't in the mood to wait in the drive thru. Wednesday will be yet another busy day. K has her portraits at 9:20. I might squeeze a couple of stops in before I meet my awesome friend, kellidarrsuperstar and her daughter for lunch in downtown Franklin.

Tree is still no decorated. I keep saying that we are going to do it "tonight", but we've not done it yet. Monday night K wanted to watch the Misfit Toys, so we did that. Tonight we ate dinner a little late and watched the Misfit Toys AGAIN. Wednesday is Awanas, so we won't get it done Wednesday night either. Guess we will be putting the ornaments on Thursday. Gravy...I can't believe I am this far behind. I just haven't been in the mood.

My cards are finally done. I'll drop them in the mail tomorrow. I have never sent cards out this late ever.

It's late and I need to decide if I am going to bed or if I am going to work on a project or something. I have some sewing that needs to be done. Knowing me...I will be up until 4am trying to get it done. It has to be done for Thursday morning because they are gifts for K's classmates. WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF????

I'm going to bed.

blog ya later.

3 comments:

Lianna Knight said...

Oh Hollye...I see why you haven't posted in a while...you are SO busy. Check out my post on my other blog...http://growingourowngarden.blogspot.com...I think you should hear it. I was feeling the same way until I read this devotional.

I promise it will help! Thinking of you...

Rebecca Jo said...

Some years - its just hard to get in the "mood"... one year, we even went without a tree completely.... dont feel bad... just do what you can do & enjoy that! Dont put any added pressure on yourself!

Rebecca Jo said...

Some years - its just hard to get in the "mood"... one year, we even went without a tree completely.... dont feel bad... just do what you can do & enjoy that! Dont put any added pressure on yourself!