Saturday, July 07, 2007

Day 1 of Projects...completed

Well, we are back in Nashville. And let me tell you, we have a list a MILE long of things that need to be done this week. That doesn't include all the doctor appointments, dentist appointments, vet appointments, hair appointments, portraits, birthday party (MY BABY IS TURNING TWO!) and stuff we have to do. Today's list went something like this...

* Take Betty Boop to vet (she is having eye surgery on Monday.)
* Trip to Home Depot to pick up supplies for all the projects. (We actually made two trips to HD, one to Target and a slushie run to Sonic.)
* Take railing of front porch apart.
* Remove and rebuild one wooden column on front porch. (Yeah...shabby construction. They didn't use pressure treated wood, so it rotted.)

We actually got all of it done. Well, Brian did about 99% of it. I tried to help take the railing down, but I broke the drill bit off in one of the screws, so he made me start sanding the other columns since we will be painting later this week. Torromow's list is LONG too. Pressure washing the fence, the deck, the railing from the front forch, the front porch itself and the front porch swing. We own one pressure washer and will be borrowing the neighbor's so that we can get twice as much done. Thankfully my mom is coming over today to hang out with Miss K so that we can get some stuff done. She heard Brian's skill saw yesterday morning and attached herself to my neck for about 15 minutes.

I will post photos and a recap about our trip to Wisconsin soon. We had such a great time. You really don't realize just how much you miss your friends until you see them again.

Gotta run. Blog ya later!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

So is this a temporary stay in Nashville or are you back for good? I may have missed out on something!

Sherri said...

uhm yeah, you need to see us so you know how much you have missed us!
sounds busy, if you have time to fit in a lunch one day, tell me.
i have a friend coming in on thursday so tues or wed would be better...if it doesn't work out, let me know.
oh yeah, i was supposed to be in va. but i am not!

Jennifer Fleming said...

Glad to hear you are back safe! Hope to see you at the Splash Pad

Rick Bawiec said...

What a beautiful little girl! I cannot tell you why but for some reason, you came to mind today so I looked you up on Google and lo and behold, here's your blog. Glad to see that you are doing well and seem extremely happy! Email me at bawiec@earthlink.net if you feel the urge.