Monday, May 14, 2007

A family of three...

It seems that a family of 3 is what the Cross family was meant to be. Mother's Day started with me in the ER of a small town hospital. Having gone through a miscarriage before, I thought I knew what to expect, but this was totally different. It was like I actually went into labor. Thankfully I was blessed with an awesome ER nurse who understood I was in very intense pain and an ER doctor who was right on top of giving me something for the pain. I am still in a bit of shock. I was actually starting to get use to the idea of having a second child. Brian and I were talking about names, potty training Miss K, moving Miss K to her big girl bed so that we would have a baby bed, possibily moving before the baby was born....just a bunch of different things you plan before you have a baby. Now...we are just trying to decide on where we go from here. But we do know that we can not go through all of this again. I can not physically or mentally go through losing another baby again.

So, Miss K and I are staying with my in laws for the week so that I can heal and have someone help me with her. I've been having a hard time picking her up. She is not a little girl. She and I are spending some time playing on the swing set her grandparents bought her, drawing on the sidewalk with chalk, counting, singing Wiggle songs....I am just enjoying my daughter.

No photos. I've taken some, not a lot, but I've taken them. My inlaws still have dial up, so I can't upload any photos. They are getting cable internet tomorrow, so maybe I will get to upload some later this week.

Okay...I am headed to bed. Blog ya later.

13 comments:

Jennifer Fleming said...

So sorry to hear that hollye. I hope that you and Brian the best and God will lead you in the direction you need to go!
I will keep you all in my prayers. You have such a beautiful little girl and wonderful family and friends to be thankful for! God Bless you!

Chelle said...

I'm so sorry! I'm at a loss for words, but I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you.

Margie said...

Oh Hollye, I am so sorry to hear your news. You have been on my mind so much lately, I actually dreamed about Miss K last night. I will be thinking of you and if you need anything I am here.

Renee said...

Experience tells us both there are no words...
only prayers.

Christy B said...

I'm so sorry! God always knows, look to Him for answers. Sending prayers your way!

Suz said...

I'm so sorry Hollye. If you need to talk - let me know.

You are in my prayers.

Sue

Unknown said...

Hollye,
Big hugs coming your way. I know this was a bittersweet time for you. Please know I'm there if you need to talk.
Hugs, Jennie

Jill LaFaye said...

I don't know what to say..I wish I could fix it..to where you were pregnant..with no sickness..and for you to give birth to a healthy baby..I feel the urge to fix things..that is my nature..this is what is going through my head right now..I am so sorry..I hope your heart heals quickly..I know it is broken. Hug Miss K extra tight..God must have wanted this one..sometimes He does that..we don't understand..but one day we will. *{Great Big Giant HUGS}*

Rhona said...

I know what you are going through having lost two babies myself. Give yourself time to work through this, accept help where needed and enjoy little Miss K. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

TracieClaiborne said...

Hollye - I am so sorry. I have been thinking about you a lot. Sent ya a couple of e-mails (I think two) and haven't heard back from you so I was worried. I will be praying for you. Try to stay positive. I love you!!

Sara said...

Prayers for you and your family Hollye. This is such a hard thing to go through - but you'll come out the other side stronger and more capable to help another person God puts in your path someday.
Hang in there and know you can "let it out" with your girlfriends if you feel the need.
Love you,

Unknown said...

so sorry. many hugs to you!! amber

annie said...

Hollye~
I am just now reading your news (may 24) and am so sorry.
I hope you are feeling better each day~
We know that God has what is best for us in His plans~
Hold tight to that and know that there are prayers and love being sent to you and your family from many friends~